Skip To Main Content

Mental Health Specialist

What is the role of the Mental Health Specialist?

The school Mental Health Specialist (LCSW, ASW, MFT, AMFT) provides direct and indirect mental health support to students experiencing social, emotional and/or behavioral problems that interfere with their performance in school. We provide behavioral and emotional counseling to individual students in the settings of short-term therapy, groups, crisis intervention services, student case management and family support services, as needed. The Mental Health Specialist facilitates communication between students and their families, schools and community agencies and providers.


Meet the ACMS Mental Health Specialist!

Viviana Colosimo-Blair

Faculty Information

Tahoe Truckee USD
Mental Health Specialists

Contact Information

Work Email

Resources and Links:

If you observe warning signs and need to seek help, consult your healthcare provider or mental health professional. In life-threatening situations, call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room. In a crisis, you can call or text 988 (for English or Spanish) to be connected to trained counselors in the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline network. For TTY users, use your preferred relay service or dial 711 then 988.